What is a converged infrastructure really? For those who came in late, let it be known that a converged solution involves all of the combinations of pre-configured software’s and hardware’s, under a single layer, and thus making the management simpler and clearer. Thus, it facilitates a high degree of optimization.
As the urban IT sprawl gradually grew, it became more and more costly to implement costs of operation, decreased agility and limited flexibility. Due to this, innovative business initiatives or real time problems could not be feasible! By 2006 it became necessary to have an infrastructure that will pool and share the resources.
Welcome Converged Infrastructure: a combination of networking, storage, physical hardware to form an amenable, practical solution!
Converged Infrastructure introduced a number of advantages like:
· Automation tools and virtualization facilitate decreased complexity.
· By 2017, converged infrastructure will offer nearly 66% of the bang for the investors buck in terms of enterprise applications support.
· Lower operational costs as well as capital expenses incurred.
· Rapid increase in versatility in the sense that there is a solitary console management and also the virtualization of various types of storage networking.
However, such an infrastructure, too, came with its fair share of cons: Many clients can find limitations in the converged product like in the installation phase; a converged infrastructure requires a rip and replace operation which can be costly and complicated. Also, there are various issues regarding security, mobility and efficiency that doesn’t make it the ‘Best of Breed’!
Hyper Convergencein the sense of infrastructure was first coined in 2012 by Steve Chambers to describe virtualized workloads managed through a common toolset.
Nutanixis a cloud computing software company (founded in 2009 by Dheeraj Pandey in San Jose, CA) that offers premier hyper convergence solutions the world over. The basic advantage of HCI (HyperConverged Infrastructure) is that companies no longer need to rely on the various storage systems. As compared to all legacy Convergence infrastructures, the HCI introduces better flexibility and scalability.
Why Nutanix Hyper Convergence Solutions Rock!
· Hyper Convergence can enable a customized disaster recovery program like no other. Our virtualized applications promise a recovery backup second to none.
· Simplification: All activities like management, scaling, deployment are simplified to a large extent because a single solution is available for any data center.
· The ‘Great’ news is that, there is no dependency on any proprietary hardware of any kind. Independent application workloads are consolidated into a singular cohesive structure. This means that the resource is fully scalable and any HCI control feature can run as a separate virtual machine of any independent node, creating a pattern of an intricate network.
· Cost is reduced significantly in the sense that the client does not need to purchase virtualization software from any vendor and no training is needed for the novice. A hypervisor can be used to integrate with other cloud elements as well as other hypervisors. Nutanix is a harbinger in building cost effective hyper convergence solutions.
· Although the hype of HCI is at its apogee, TBR (Technology Business Research) has predicted that from 2015 to 2020, HCI sees a CAGR growth of almost 7.5$ Billion (a whopping 55%)!
At the end of the day, a businessman needs palpable results. Orient has been working with enterprises for more than 2 decades, to help them plan and deploy IT infrastructure for business critical applications. Partnering most of the top IT Companies, we are in a unique position to provide solutions that are proven world over.